Often when our Gibson Sound & Vision team designs a Control 4 Home Automation system, we design and install it in sections depending on the customer’s individual needs. For this installation, we’ll break it up into 3 phases as we go forward with the system to showcase all of its great features! In Phase 1 of this fully controlled home, we focused on integrating the Sonos and other A/V equipment with Control 4.
Project: Adding first stage of whole home automation system, with Sonos distributed audio. Customer’s goal is for eventual control of all lighting, climate, locks, A/V systems, security (including IP cameras) and energy monitoring. Stage one includes control of 10 lights, 4 locks, 2 garage doors, 4 video zones, and 2 audio zones.
Customer’s Favourite Feature
“I enjoy having the simplicity and convenience of being able to have single remote operation of all hidden A/V components in each room.”
Basic Programming Features:
- System can be controlled from any one of 4 handheld remotes, iPad, iPhones, iPod Touch, and Mac computer, as well as remotely from any internet connected computer.
- TV sound in Kitchen routed to Sonos Zone Player and hidden Bose bookshelf speakers, controlled through any Control4 interface.
- Streaming audio and / or video from NAS drive available in each audio and video zone.
- Sonos distributed audio system can be accessed from all C4 interfaces, including control of, and access to, music from guest’s iPod set in wireless Sonos dock.
Advanced Programming Features:
- Key lights turn on automatically when corresponding entry points unlocked, based on time of day.
- Many more features to be added during next stage of project including integration of the home security system, IP cameras, intercom integration and other cool custom programming.
Installation Environment: Multi-level, fully-finished home, with no existing network or audio wiring.
Customers: Brian and Pam
Programmer: Dave Dryland
System Designers: Craig Sheardown / Dave Dryland
System Price (incl installation): $17000
New Equipment: Panasonic 32″ LCD TV TCL32X3, Panasonic 50″ plasma TV TCP50S30, Sony BDPS480 BluRay Players x 3, Sonos ZP120 Zone Players x 2, Sonos ZoneBridge, Sonos iPod Dock, Sonos S5 Portable, Monster Ethernet Over Power Modules x 4, Rogers 500GB HD PVRs x 2, Bose 161 speakers
New Control4 Products: HC300, HC200 x 3, SR250 remotes x 4, C4 In-Wall Dimmers x 10, Kwikset Deadbolts x 3, Kwikset Handle, Card Access Wireless Contact Sensors x 2, Card Access Wireless Relays x 2
Software: Composer Home Edition, 1 year 4Sight subscription, MyHome Site License, Extra Vegetables Sonos GUI
Check back soon for the next few parts of this installation where we will be integrating features such as the security and intercom integration to the system!
Are you interested in Control4? Send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, I’d be happy to set up a free in-home consultations to assess your individual needs. Connect with me on Twitter @GibsonDaveD and stay tuned for more blogs about Control4!
Dave Dryland: Custom Department Manager: email@example.com or on Twitter@GibsonDaveD
Craig Sheardown: Sales Representative: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gibson Sound & Vision: Website
Control4: General Information
Photos courtesy of Control4